The title of this piece is sort of a quote from a speech that President Obama gave to the Turkish legislature in April 2009. His actual words were; “The United States is not, and will never be, at war with Islam.” Many of his and his administrations actions certainly bear out his words. In light of the recent events at Fort Hood and his response to that tragedy, I started to look back at his words and more importantly his actions. I should let you know that by “his actions” I do mean things that he has done and that members of his administration have done.
Many of you may remember the events that transpired on September 11, 2001. Muslim extremists carried out the worst act of terrorism on United States soil in history. You will be hard pressed to see a video of the events on network news, but that day all of us claimed that we will never forget. As you read this, ask yourself if the direction in which we are headed honors that claim that “We Will Never Forget.”
The 911 Commission Report provided information that the Muslim world, through Osama Bin Laden, had actually declared war on the United States probably around 1992. Bin Laden’s worlds from 1998 interview should shock Americans for two reasons. The first reason is the vehement hatred some Muslims have for us and the second reason is because of how little you are reminded of how much we are hated.
“they called for the murder of any American, anywhere on earth, as the “individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it.”
“He claimed it was more important for Muslims to kill Americans than to kill other infidels.“It is far better for anyone to kill a single American soldier than to squander his efforts on other activities…We believe that the worst thieves in the world today and the worst terrorists are the Americans. Nothing could stop you except perhaps retaliation in kind. We do not have to differentiate between military or civilian. As far as we are concerned, they are all targets.”
The list of Muslim attacks on the United States date back in history and it is reported that Thomas Jefferson’s aquired the Koran to actually learn about Muslims who were at war with America. You can find web sites that chronicle Muslim violence against America, but we can make the argument that a concerted effort to reign terror on the United States started with the seizing of the American Embassy in 1979. Our anemic response to this attack on American soil (our embassies are our soil) emboldened the radical Muslims. Thank you Jimmy Carter. The attack on the Marines in Lebanon, the U.S. embassies, the USS Cole, and the first world trade center attack all should have been a warning that they were at war with us.
Bin Laden seems all but irrelevant at this point as others have taken up the cause and what is the United States government under President Obama doing about it? Again look at these items (click the links to read the full articles) and ask yourself if we are still responding to an attack or inviting another:
- The Obama administrations through Attorney General Eric Holder is open to investigating and prosecuting CIA officials who interrogated captured terrorists.
- The same Eric Holder dropped charges against Black Panther Party member, Minister King Samir Shabazz, who had intimidated, allegedly, voters at a Philadelphia voting location. You be the judge.
- Homeland Security Secretary, Janet Napolitano, coined the P.C. phrase “man-caused disasters” rather than the terrorism. She referred to the difference as a nuance.
- President Obama continued George Bush’s strategy to NOT construct a border fence to protect access to our country.
- Early in his presidency, Obama actually bowed to the Muslim Saudi King. This show of fealty marks the first time any president has shown obesience to any foreign leader. I believe that the White House denied the bow and called it a “bend to maintain eye contact.” That would probably fly except that you can actually see the bow and it was a bow. Whether he is subjugating himself to a Muslim leader or is just stupid at the whole foreign policy thing is anybody’s guess.
- The Obama Administration, still traveling down the P.C. road no longer wishes to have a global war on terror, but prefer it to be called an “Overseas Contingency Operation.” That should make you feel better the next time some whack job attacks us yelling “Allah hu Akhbar.”
- You’ll probably feel comforted to know that Janet Napolitano has tasked her agency to create a document as a guide to prevent man-caused disasters from a potential terrorist group. According to Napolitano you might be a terrorist if you are pro-life, believe in states’ rights [you know that pesky 10th Amendment], own a gun [you know that pesky 2nd Amendment], are white, are ex-military, or are against ILLEGAL immigration.
- In his first week in office Obama ordered the closing of Gitmo. The order also terminated the CIA’s authority to interrogate prisoners. In case you did not know, the prisoners or enemy combatants are terrorists and tend to follow a particular religion.
- The United States had the worst terrorist attack on its soil since 9/11 and the lame stream media (formerly main stream media) scrambles over themselves to excuse the act. Hint; if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, kills innocent people, yells Allah hu Akhbar, you probably have a Muslim terrorist. I think that Col. Ralph Peters got it right.
- Referring to the above reference to the ducks, we are still waiting for Obama to acknowledge the terrorist attack.
- General Casey had some encouraging words when he appeared on Meet the Press; “Our diversity—not only in our Army but in our country—is a strength. And as horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse.” This is a far cry from General Patton; “May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.” What would George say about General Casey?
- The ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, Pete Hoekstra questioned whether the White House was withholding documents pertaining to the Fort Hood terrorist attack; “When they withhold information, you always start asking questions. That’s what raises red flags. What do they know that they don’t want us to know?”
- President Obama made much noise during his campaign (I know that it seems like he is still campaigning, but I am talking about the “official” campaign) about the war being neglected in Afganistan. This was where the “Overseas Contingency Operation” should be focused. Obama “replaced” the general in that theatre with his own man and that leader has requested additional troops. That was three months ago and still no decision. We have troops there who need help to accomplish their mission, but the President is trying to come up with the perfect plan. He is, as you have been repetedly told, extremely smart. How about some help from General Patton again; “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” Remember these Muslim extremists want nothing more than to kill us. If he doesn’t like the war (either in Afganistan or Iraq) he can end both.
- In a bold move, Eric Holder decided that Enemy Combatants deserve the same rights as United States’ citizens and will bring terrorists to the United States to face trial. This is more of that we are not at war with them stuff. Remember that they are still at war with us.
- President Obama assured Muslims that America is not a Christian nation. That is true in the sense that we have religious freedom unlike many Muslim countries where religious tollerance is limited. You have to wonder how Obama, who is generally acknowledge as the smartest president of all time, a man who sends thrills up the legs of pundits, can miss (or ignore) that fact that this country was fonded on Judeo-Christian principles.
“We live, not under a Christian government, but in a nation where all are free to practice their particular religion, in accommodation with other religions, and in accordance with the basic principles of the nation, which are Christian in origin. It is in that sense that America may properly be referred to as a Christian nation.”
Ask yourself again whether the Obama Administration is behaving in a pre 9/11 mentality or post 9/11 mentality.
Do you feel safe?