Obama’s Justice Department is hot on another “criminal” as they have gone after Sheriff Joe Arpaio from Maricopa County in Arizona. In an AP (Adulterated Press) story the federal government has “found that Arpaio’s office committed a wide range of civil rights violations against Latinos, including unjust immigration patrols and jail policies” and one official “called it the most egregious case he has seen or reviewed in professional literature.” Big Brother (Eric Holder) has given Arpaio until January 4, 2012 to decide if he wants to work out an agreement with Obama/Holder.
Agreement sounds nice except that if he declines the federal government will sue him and threatened to take away millions of dollars in federal funding for the entire county. Obama’s thugs take the carrot and stick approach to a whole new level. It seems like the Obama/Holder Justice Department spends more time suing and/or threatening to sue states than doing real work, especially in Arizona and Texas. Is this retribution for their attempts to thwart Obama’s policies? Maybe Holder wants to run more guns through Arizona to the Mexican drug cartels.
Unfortunately for Obama, “America’s toughest sheriff” is not one to back down from a fight and certainly not this one. It was interesting that the AP provided little evidence of Arpaio’s alleged malfeasance, nor any details that Arpaio provided about the success of his illegal immigration efforts. If Obama is looking for a fight he got one as Arpaio, being the True American Hero that he is shot back (not literally),
“President Obama and the band of his merry men might as well erect their own pink neon sign at the Arizona-Mexico border saying ‘Welcome all illegals to your United States, our home is your home”
“I do have compassion, but I’ll tell you one thing. Enforcing the law overrides my compassion.”
Janet “Big Sis” Napolitano has also been involved in what appears to be a coordinated effort to bash Sheriff Arpaio as she cancelled Maricopa County’s involvement in ICE (illegal immigration) enforcement citing the results of the report. Some news reports on this story have stated that the Feds have had a grand jury looking at Arpaio since at least December 2009. I guess this is use of the tactic that if you throw enough “crap” against the wall eventually something will stick or like in the case of Scooter Libby someone may make a conflicting statement.
Anyone looking at this case has to ask the question as to why such egregious violations of the Constitution, not the law mind you, but the CONSTITUTION have not resulted in Sheriff Arpaio being arrested. If you have a law enforcement officer breaking the law why seek an “agreement” for him to do better? Why not arrest him? You cannot doubt that if Eric Holder’s minions had ANYTHING on Sheriff Arpaio they would not be threatening him with agreements, sensitivity training, and taking away his money…they would file charges.
My guess is that since Arpaio is out of the illegal immigration enforcement business it is only a matter of time until some illegal kills an American citizen. Obama and his mainstream media will ignore the story as they pretend there is no problem and we just need to bring these illegals “out of the shadows.”
I happened to go to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s office website and found some interesting things that Arpaio has done to fight crime and rehabilitate lost souls besides his “Mug Shot of the Day” which gets around ONE MILLION hits each day:
- he started the nation’s largest Tent City for convicted inmates. Two thousand convicted men and women serve their sentences in a canvas incarceration compound. It is a remarkable success story that has attracted the attention of government officials, presidential candidates, and media worldwide.
- And there are his chain gangs, which contribute thousands of dollars of free labor to the community. The male chain gang, and the world’s first-ever female and juvenile chain gangs, clean streets, paint over graffiti, and bury the indigent in the county cemetery.
- He also has get some tough policies. For example, he banned smoking, coffee, movies, pornographic magazines, and unrestricted TV in all jails. He has the cheapest meals in the U.S. too. The average meal costs between 15 and 40 cents, and inmates are fed only twice daily, to cut the labor costs of meal delivery. He even stopped serving them salt and pepper to save tax payers $20,000 a year.
- He is also into fashion and in known for the pink underwear he makes all inmates wear. Years ago, when the Sheriff learned that inmates were stealing jailhouse white boxers, Arpaio had all inmate underwear dyed pink for better inventory control. The same is true for the Sheriff’s handcuffs. When they started disappearing, he ordered pink handcuffs as a replacement.
- He has also launched rehabilitative programs like “Hard Knocks High,” the only accredited high school under a Sheriff in an American jail, and ALPHA, an anti-substance-abuse program that has greatly reduced recidivism.
- Arpaio continues to reduce crime with hard-hitting enforcement methods. His deputies and detectives have solved several high-profile murder cases, including numerous child murders. The posse, whose ranks have increased to 3,000 members under Arpaio, is the nation’s largest volunteer posse. Posse men and women help in search and rescue and other traditional police work as well as in special operations like rounding up deadbeat parents, fighting prostitution, patrolling malls during holidays, and investigating animal cruelty complaints. The posse’s contributions are invaluable and essentially free to taxpayers.