My wife and I have been to a few movies recently and were both taken aback by the sheer number of what I would call â€œend of the worldâ€ type movies shown on previews. Not all were about the end of the world, but most featured either the end or battles against evil. The doomsday scenario was certainly evident. I am waiting for this new trailerâ€¦
White House Films
Written by B. Hussein Obama
Directed by B.H.O.
Produced by Barry Sotoro
To recap Obama Gloom and Doomâ€¦sequester will (remember it was his plan);
- Jeopardize our military readiness
- Eviscerate job creating investments in education, and energy, and medical research
- Emergency responders like the ones who are here today â€” their ability to help communities respond to and recover from disasters will be degraded
- Border Patrol agents will see their hours reduced
- FBI agents will be furloughed
- Federal prosecutors will have to close cases and let criminals go
- Air traffic controllers and airport security will see cutbacks, which means more delays at airports across the country
- Thousands of teachers and educators will be laid off
- Tens of thousands of parents will have to scramble to find childcare for their kids
- Hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose access to primary care and preventive care like flu vaccinations and cancer screenings
Funny no mention of laying off IRS agents!
To suggest that Obamaâ€™s dire predictions are fantasy is like saying that cotton candy has some sugar in it. First one needs to REMEMBER that THE SEQUESTER WAS OBAMAâ€™S IDEA! Okay it was his idea in 2011. Obama later was on record that any attempt to remove the sequester would be vetoed by him. He was adamant about that though one must remember that his statements have expiration dates. The economics of sequester are that the â€œcutsâ€ are not cuts to spending like you or I would have to realize. This is government â€œcutsâ€ which only mean they cannot increase their spending by as much as they want. They are not going to be required to spend less; they will only not get as much of an increase as they want. Lastly regarding the dire predictions of Mr. Obama â€“ he has much discretion about where to make the â€œcuts.â€ If he decides to cut spending on the military, or the TSA, or to teachers, or to firemen it is all on him.
Finally from the Prezâ€¦
â€œMy message to them [Congress] is simpleâ€¦No. I will veto any effort to get rid of these automatic spending cuts.â€ [FYI that was in 2011 â€“ again sequestration was HIS FREAKIN PLAN]