“I would like to see scientists and engineers get much more involved in the political process, bringing their no-nonsense common sense and logic to the table.”
Posts Tagged ‘socialism’
A democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
– – Alexis de Tocqueville
Many media/political pundits love to make fun of Glenn Beck calling him many name from clown to chicken little. There is little doubt that Mr. Beck gives them pleny of ammunition as with his frequent reports on “spooky dude” or George Soros. The media seems like they want to portray Soros as this wealthy grandpa figure who has nothing but good intentions. Beck and his staff have done yeoman’s work compiling information about Soros’ behind the scenes machinations as he seeks his goal of a global economy headed by his inner circle. Soros the billionaire certainly has the resources to pursue this goal and Beck seems to have convinced fellow Fox host Bill O’Reilly of Soros’ intents.
Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this Mid East port
Aboard a tiny ship
The Obama administration, in yet another example of a long string of leadership failures, has jumped in to the fray to rescue United States citizens stuck in Libya amid the rioting. For this White House the reaction was fairly rapid if not effective as the ship that they chartered to haul away our fellow Americans was far too small to handle the number of people and the rough seas and was unable to leave the port. Could have happened to anyone you say and I suppose that is true, but the Greeks and the Turks had the foresight to get a proper boat. No disrespect to those nations, but we should have done better.
For those of you who don’t play or watch poker, a tell is something a player does that tips off his opponents to the quality of his hand. A twitch of the eye, becoming too chatty, different breathing, or even becoming quiet all of a sudden can give your hand away. In head to head competition allowing your opponent to know your hand will ensure an eminent loss of chips.
I think that Americans can only hope that President Obama is one heck of a bluffer as he doesn’t seem to be holding his hand close to his vest:
- Socialist governments own the banks, car companies, farmlands, factories, and stores, and is the only employer and consequently owns the means of production. The government controls all investments, production, distribution, income, and prices, as well as all organizations, schools, news media and formerly private societies.
- Socialism is the antithesis of capitalism, opposes private ownership of capital or land, and rejects the free market in favor of central planning.
- ...Therefore I Am(11)
- Blinded Us With Science(4)
- Book Reviews(772)
- Caption This(4)
- Cookie Logic(13)
- Economics In Many Lessons(10)
- Everyone Should Know(272)
- Framing The Dialogue(199)
- Framing The Dictionary(32)
- Headline Humor(10)
- Lighter Side(125)
- Money Speaks(96)
- Multiple Choice Journalism(4)
- Net Wisdom(43)
- News Briefs(38)
- Only To Better Express Myself(6)
- Page 6(5)
- Post Cards(1)
- Random Thoughts(45)
- Riddle Me This(1)
- Separated At Birth(29)
- Signs, Signs Everywhere A Sign(4)
- Stop The Insanity(11)
- The Leek(7)
- Thousand Words(22)
- Travel Treasures and Travails(13)
- True American Heroes(35)