As we limp through this arduous winter toward spring I look forward to warmer weather and sunshine. Something about shining light on stuff has a healing affect. Perhaps that is why laws requiring that government meetings and hearings are open to the public are referred to as “sunshine” laws. A common rule-of-thumb about personal behavior used to be for you to consider whether you would want your mother to read about your actions in the local paper. Today I guess it would translate on whether she would learn about your activities on FaceBook.
Posts Tagged ‘seiu’
It seems like only two days ago that I stated that the White House had issued over 220 Obamacare waivers. That number was a massive understatement and the number of waivers actually top 770 as reported on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website.
and this from the Washington Times…
“How can you get your own free pass from Obamacare? Maybe you can just donate $27 million to President Obama‘s campaign efforts. That’s what Andy Stern did as president of SEIU in 2008. He has been the most frequent guest at Mr. Obama‘s White House.”
Aging hippies from the sixties cannot get enough protesting as they fight to maintain their anti-establishment credibility. Many of these folks, now over the trusting age of 30, are in positions of power or as they would have said decades ago, part of the establishment. Their righteous tactics to stop a war has turned into a methodology to gain more power and intimidate their targets. No group may be worse that Obama’s friends at the Service Employees International Union (“SEIU”).
Sorry this is not a baseball post. Those of us living in Pittsburgh with the hapless Pirates; holders of the longest losing streak of all professional sports (17 years and counting) don’t talk about much about professional baseball. Our president gave his first pitch at a State of the Union speech and apparently did not hit the strike zone. I confess to not watching as I could not bear to see Ms. Pelosi popping up every 30 seconds, Obama’s use of the words “I” or “me” a gazillion times or his unusual speech pattern whistling his S’s. The fact that he is on television every 17 hours giving a speech did not weigh in his favor either. I played tennis on our Wii (I achieved “Pro” status during his speech).
- Socialist governments own the banks, car companies, farmlands, factories, and stores, and is the only employer and consequently owns the means of production. The government controls all investments, production, distribution, income, and prices, as well as all organizations, schools, news media and formerly private societies.
- Socialism is the antithesis of capitalism, opposes private ownership of capital or land, and rejects the free market in favor of central planning.
- ...Therefore I Am(11)
- Blinded Us With Science(5)
- Book Reviews(836)
- Caption This(4)
- Cookie Logic(13)
- Economics In Many Lessons(11)
- Everyone Should Know(272)
- Framing The Dialogue(199)
- Framing The Dictionary(32)
- Headline Humor(10)
- Lighter Side(125)
- Money Speaks(96)
- Multiple Choice Journalism(4)
- Net Wisdom(43)
- News Briefs(38)
- Only To Better Express Myself(6)
- Page 6(5)
- Post Cards(1)
- Random Thoughts(45)
- Riddle Me This(1)
- Separated At Birth(29)
- Signs, Signs Everywhere A Sign(4)
- Stop The Insanity(11)
- The Leek(7)
- Thousand Words(22)
- Travel Treasures and Travails(13)
- True American Heroes(36)