Debate is still raging over Democare. I am thinking that “Democare” may be more descriptive than Obamacare as we need to chain this legislation to all of the Democrats. Let’s pin this to them like a tattoo. Unfortunately, the left is still pushing a vigorous agenda of big government and big spending and wealth spreading. Lest you are relaxing as Democare has taken a hiatus (you know it will be back) here are some of the other socialist agenda items that you may have missed:
- The Feds are considering additional bailouts for additional banks that were considered too risky for earlier funding. I guess that the Feds figured out that it is only OUR money that they are risking that there is no such thing as too risky.
- A car company in which Super Al Gore is involved has just gotten over a half a billion dollars from the U.S. Government to build cars in…FINDLAND. More green jobs for Findland.
- And from the border, the Mexican border the Obama Administration has big plans for border security. CNS News has confirmed that Homeland Security will reduce the number of border agents at the American/Mexican border by nearly 400 agents. The good news is that they are not going to cut jobs, but redeploy them to the northern border with Canada. The Administration would not comment on speculation that the additional agents are meant to reduce the number of Canadians coming into the United States for our terrible health care.
- Nancy Pelosi is considering raising taxes with the establishment of a tax on your insurance plan if it is “worth” more than some arbitrary amount. Let’s translate; if your company-provided health insurance is determined to be worth more than the Democrats feel you deserve, they will tax the plan to pay for insurance for others.
- Obama advisor, John Podesta calls for a “Value-Added Tax” to increase revenue to the federal government. Remember, their revenue comes from OUR pockets.
- In these tight economic times Senator John Kerry attached a $20 million earmark to a defense bill to fund an educational institute to honor the late Sen. Ted Kennedy. Why don’t the Kennedys use some of their wealth or Sen. Kerry’s wife donate some of her billions. They should consult a tax advisor, but I would think that this would be a tax deduction.
- Democrats are considering a $4 billion bailout for the U.S. Postal Service. Rumors of a new first-class Obama stamp costing $1.29 is in the works.
- It seems that the government does not know how the $700 billion in TARP money is being used. That is right they printed nearly a billion dollars and really cannot tell us where it went. Does anyone know why there is not more written about this and what is going to happen to ARRA money that has not been spent once all of the roads are repaved?
- Keeping his promise to “create or save jobs,” the Obama administration has added 25,000 employees to the federal government.
- Congress is starting a hearing to preserve the newspaper industry. Grab your wallet as Democrats are sure to come up with some type of bailout for their free press. By free press, I mean they get free positive coverage in most newspapers and will not mind spending OUR money to save their buddies.
- and finally…the federal government will have issued approximately $7 Trillion in debt by the end of the fiscal year (September 30). That is $7,000,000,000,000.00 for those of you who like zeros…seven trillion dollars!
There is so much more, but I have to leave and go scream my head off. All of the above may have led to this item:
- United States ammunition industry is working 24/7 and still cannot keep up with demand for bullets from the public.
There is no word about the duct tape industry. I bought two roll for myself this week to wrap my head so that it does not explode.
God help us.