…and tell me it’s raining!
Unemployment: If you listen to the White House and the mainstream media puppets you’ll think unemployment is trending down and at 8 percent as of February 2012. Too bad the numbers are cooked (FYI all administrations cook) and are quite misleading…okay not “misleading” but flat out lies. Gallup offers real unemployment numbers;
REAL UNEMPLOYMENT IS 19.0 PERCENT
If you want to compare the numbers the White House uses then Gallup determined that rate to be 9.0 percent;
Stimulus: According to “leading” economists the recession ended in 2010 and we are recovering nicely though with very slow job growth. No one has yet to convince me that spending money that we don’t have will do anything but harm us down the road and probably put us in a much worse position that we found ourselves in 2008…and I’m not just talking about electing an inexperienced Chicago politician. This chart (I know…another chart) illustrates what the multiple stimuli have done;
Obamacare: Hailed as Obama’s greatest accomplishment and a boon to all Americans by the left. Former Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, was prescient when she claimed that we would have to wait until it passed to see what was in it. Did anyone expect this;
- Declaring war against the Catholic Church by forcing them to provide healthcare services (abortions, sterlization, abortions, morning after pills, and yes birth control free of charge to their employees) that spit in the face of some of their core beliefs. Forcing their insurance providers to provide them instead as a “compromise” doesn’t fool anyone but fools that there isn’t a difference.
- Busting the federal budget;
“The federal government’s finances were dismal even before the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) was enacted. That is why lawmakers who pushed for its passage felt compelled to try to calm worried Americans by claiming that the law would cut projected federal budget deficits in addition to covering the uninsured…A close examination of what CBO said, as well as other evidence, makes it clear that the deficit reduction associated with PPACA is based on budget gimmicks, sleights of hand, accounting tricks, and completely implausible assumptions. A more honest accounting reveals the new law as a trillion-dollar budget buster.”
- Insure the uninsured: “The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) is reporting that the new health care law will decrease the number of uninsured in 2019 by 32 million. However, this does not mean that universal coverage will be achieved—23 million Americans will remain without coverage, including illegal immigrants.” Okay they’ll be covered by 2019, but not all of them.
- Expanding Government: “Americans are confronted with the largest expansion of government in almost half a century. President Barack Obama and the congressional Democratic leadership passed massive health care overhaul legislation in March 2010 by the narrowest of margins. Despite the Administration’s ongoing efforts to persuade Americans that the medicine is good for them, well over half the country refuses to swallow it.”
- And so much more…
Energy: Often the phrases used are “energy independence” or lesson our “reliance on foreign oil” when discussing progressing one’s energy policy. Using that term alone is enough to let you know that the person using it either is an idiot or wants to mislead you. Energy like money is fungible and will move to where the price dictates. The future looks dismal when you look at what energy costs will be because of Obama’s policies;
- Over-regulation: Obama is making good his promise to put coal-burning power plants out of business as EPA’s new emission standards has already made numerous power plants fated for decommission. So when you have demand that stays the same, but supply is less two things happen…increases in prices and brown outs. Have a nice summer.
- Killing fossil fuel projects: The Keystone XL pipeline proposed by our friends in Canada was summarily squashed by Obama even though is was perhaps every state had accepted the route, it was the most studied project, and there was not any public tax dollars proposed. Oh and there were going to be loads of jobs. DOA from the desk of Obama.
- Don’t look now, but the cost of gasoline (you know that stuff we need to get to work) is steadily rising and is expected to top $5.00 per gallon by this summer.
…and from our friends at the Heritage Foundation;
- Fuel economy and emission standards for passenger cars, light-duty trucks, and medium-duty passenger vehicles imposed jointly by the EPA and NHTSA. Annual cost: $10.8 billion (for model years 2012 to 2016). For automakers to recover these increased outlays, NHTSA estimates the standards will lead to increases in average new vehicle prices ranging from $457 per vehicle in FY 2012 to $985 per vehicle in FY 2016.
- Mandated quotas for renewable fuels. Annual cost: $7.8 billion (for 15 years). Utilizing farmland to grow corn and other crops used in renewable fuels will displace food crops, leading food costs to increase by $10 per person per year—or $40 for a family of four, according to the EPA.
- Efficiency standards for residential water heaters, heating equipment, and pool heaters. Annual cost: $1.3 billion. The appliance upgrades necessary to comply with the new standards will raise the price of a typical gas storage water heater by $120.
Class Warfare: It seems like few days go by between campaign speeches by Obama pushing the class warfare agends. The irony is the person giving the speech, Obama, is a multi-millionaire, has used our tax dollars to host lavish parties, has used our tax dollars to take lavish vacations, and even used our tax dollars to build and equip two super campaign buses for his use. He wants you to hate the rich, but doesn’t really want you to remember that he is very rich himself. He doesn’t want you to know that almost half of Americans pay no income tax; that it is the rest of us footing the bill.
When I was in school we were taught, correctly, that the foundation of the United States was our middle class. The middle class seems to be rapidly becoming the lower class as higher and higher demands and prices are making us slip. Once all we have are haves and have nots then we become like any other nation.
That’s when it really starts raining!