While I do not subscribe to the notion put forth in the New Yorker many years ago that Bill Clinton was the first “black” president I am not sure that Obama is either. He does have black heritage, but he also has a strong white background. According to the Pew Research Center, almost all (95%) of black voters cast their ballots for Obama. Perhaps they they thought that they would fare better under his leadership. After all they’ve been taught (indoctrinated) that whites/Republicans are against them. The daft VP, Joe Biden, even had the audacity to suggest to a largely black crowd that “they’re [conservatives] are going to put y’all back in chains.”
So let’s look at how blacks have fared under Obama and the Democrats;
- According to CNN/Money the black unemployment rate is the highest it’s been in 27 years and is now at 16.7 percent, over double the white unemployment rate.
- The jobless rate for black men is worse at 19.1 percent
- Black unemployment has now remained above 10% for four straight years
- It’s worse if you happen to be a black youth whose employment rate is a dismal 38.9 percent. The Bureau of Labor Statistics did not provide an unemployment rate.
- Approximately half of black males drop out of school compared to only 25% overall.
- The percent of blacks in the prison population is 39.4 % while they only comprise 13.6% of the general population.
- Black median income in 2010 was $32,068 (2010) compared to $37,759 for Hispanics, and $54,620 for whites
- Black crime rates are increasing
Obama’s results are not very good. Perhaps fundraising, golf, and family vacations are just getting in the way. I guess the only black folks who fare better under obama are members of the New Black Panther Party.