Â First the scareâ€¦
â€œBut for the sake of our children and our future, we must do more to combat climate change. (Applause.) Now, itâ€™s true that no single event makes a trend. But the fact is the 12 hottest years on record have all come in the last 15. Heat waves, droughts, wildfires, floods — all are now more frequent and more intense. We can choose to believe that Superstorm Sandy, and the most severe drought in decades, and the worst wildfires some states have ever seen were all just a freak coincidence. Or we can choose to believe in the overwhelming judgment of science — and act before itâ€™s too late.â€
– – Barrack Hussein Obama (State of the Union speech February 13, 2013) – –
Then the â€œscienceâ€â€¦
I am not sure where to start with the “science” that is put forth to support the Man-Made Global Warming claims.Â The “Man-Made” part is significant as there is little doubt that there is climate change as there has been for millennium.Â It’s the theory, and it is just a theory, that the climate changes are caused by humans that is debatable…except there has been no debate.Â So some of the stuff being fed to us is that first the earth was cooling, then when it didn’t cool, the earth was, of course, warming and now that didn’t work we have the do all and end all…Climate Change which explains everything.Â We have melting ice caps, stranded polar bears, rising sea levels, more pollution, catastrophic weather events, flooding, droughts, yadda yadda yadda.Â You’ve heard it all before in every newspaper, television show, movie, and now integrated into our school’s curriculum.
Here’s the “science” behind the man-made climate change scare;
- Use every bit of evidence that supports your claim.
- Ignore every bit of evidence that doesn’t support your claim.
- Actually hide every bit of evidence that disproves your claim.
- Use “scientists”names even though they did not give permission.
- Any “believer” is a “scientist.”
- Paint “sceptics” as heretics or deniers…it is good to use “religious” terms as climate change is a religion to the left.
- Funnel billions and billions of dollars to the believers for “research” to further the cause.
- Invest lots and lots of money in carbon exchanges and other “green” industries to make lots of money for believers.
- If a believer ceases to believe he/she is an apostate and must be destroyed.
- Oh…and we MUST ACT NOW!
Then the politicsâ€¦
A frequent mantra of the left is that â€œthe debate is overâ€ regarding global warming though I cannot remember there ever really being a debate. Iâ€™d love to see a debate between scientists rather than liberal media, celebrities, politicians, and Al Gore spouting propaganda. The Global Cooling/Global Warming/Climate Change issue is all about increasing the power of the few over the many (i.e. federal government and elected officials) as they know whatâ€™s best for us.
â€œWe can make meaningful progress on this issue while driving strong economic growth. I urge this Congress to get together, pursue a bipartisan, market-based solution to climate change, like the one John McCain and Joe Lieberman worked on together a few years ago. But if Congress wonâ€™t act soon to protect future generations, I will. I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change, and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy.â€
– – Barrack Hussein Obama (State of the Union speech February 13, 2013) – –
Now the realityâ€¦
The reality really doesn’t matter to the disciples of climate change.Â I work with an engineer who I really respect yet he is a full on climate change believer and it is a subject in which I will not engage with him though I suspect he knows that I am a sceptic and has offered openings to engage.Â It’s not worth the effort.Â There is no evidence that could ever change his mind nor could he change mine.Â Here are some of the actual science that is routinely ignored by the religion of climate change;
- “With nothing panic-worthyâ€“nothing even noticeableâ€“ensuing after 33 years, one has to wonder whether external reality even matters amid the frenzy. (Itâ€™s recently been admitted that there has been no global warming for the last 16 years.)”Â Â – Harry Binswanger of Forbes Magazine
- Their models are crap; “This appears to be one more in a long series of frauds and hoaxes perpetrated by climate alarmists. This one unravelled faster than most; nevertheless, it served its purpose. Newspapers and magazines around the world trumpeted Marcottâ€™s findings, and reproduced his hockey stick graph, as though it were solid evidence of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming. Now the question is, will they leave their readers with this false impression, or will they publicize the fact that they were had, once again, by climate alarmists?”Â – John Hinderaker – Powerline Blog
- More models are crap; “A preliminary draft of a report by the U.N.â€™s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change was leaked to the public this month, and climate skeptics say it contains fresh evidence of 20 years of overstated global warming.” – Maxim Lott – Fox News
- The global warming cabal…”Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4? Keith will do likewise.” – email between global warmists Phil Jones and Michael Mann.Â Climate change sceptics tried to use Freedom of Information laws to obtain raw climate data submitted to an IPCC report known as AR4. The scientists did not want their email exchanges about the data to be made public.” as reported by The Telegraph
- The fog lifts…”What the new research suggests is that changes in water vapor may well trump the effect of carbon dioxide (only a fraction of which is man-made) and methane (which has mysteriously slowed since about 1990). This raises an intriguing question: Since the Environmental Protection Agency declared that it has the authority to regulation carbon emissions because of their presumed effect on the global climate, why hasn’t the EPA also attempted to regulate mist and fog?” – Alan Reynolds – The New York Post
- Usefulness of predictions; “Most or all models used in geoscience have been wrong. Earth systems are more complex than we know or can model.Â See Useless Arithmetic: Why Environmental Scientists Can’t Predict the Future by Orrin H. Pilkey, Linda Pilkey-jarvis (2007), Columbia University Press.Â Â But I have studied the climate models and I know what they can do. The models solve the equations of fluid dynamics, and they do a very good job of describing the fluid motions of the atmosphere and the oceans. They do a very poor job of describing the clouds, the dust, the chemistry and the biology of fields and farms and forests. They do not begin to describe the real world that we live in. The real world is muddy and messy and full of things that we do not yet understand. It is much easier for a scientist to sit in an air-conditioned building and run computer models, than to put on winter clothes and measure what is really happening outside in the swamps and the clouds. That is why the climate model experts end up believing their own models.” – Robert Stewart [0n-line textbook]
- Follow the money; “Today these groups form a kind of ecosystem of their own. They include not just old standbys like the Sierra Club or Greenpeace, but also Ozone Action, Clean Air Cool Planet, Americans for Equitable Climate Change Solutions, the Alternative Energy Resources Association, the California Climate Action Registry and so on and on. All of them have been on the receiving end of climate change-related funding, so all of them must believe in the reality (and catastrophic imminence) of global warming just as a priest must believe in the existence of God.” WSJ
That’s enough as it is finally an actual warm day here in The Burgh and I am heading out for some warmth.Â Do yourself a favor and get out and experience some climate.Â I’ll leave you with one thought…
Who decides what is the RIGHT temperature?