I know lots of folks don’t like Wal-Mart, but this is very sad but fascinating…
- Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
- This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
- Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
- Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
- Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world’s largest private employer, and most speak English.
- Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
While walking down the street one day a US senator is tragically hit by a truck and dies. His soul arrives in heaven and is met by St. Peter at the entrance. “Welcome to heaven,” says St. Peter. “Before you settle in, it seems there is a problem. We seldom see a high official around these parts, you see, so we’re not sure what to do with you.”
“No problem, just let me in,” says the man.
“Well, I’d like to, but I have orders from higher up. What we’ll do is have you spend one day in hell and one in heaven. Then you can choose where to spend eternity.”
Set in the mid Nineteenth Century New York City, The Gods of Gotham is about a murder mystery that threatens the fledgling police force. Former bar tender Timothy Wilde has a knack for detective work and is thrust into trying to solve the crime. It’s a violent era in the city and it doesn’t take much to set off the tinderbox that is the overcrowded forming metropolis.
“If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. – Mark Twain
“I contend that, for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.” – Winston Churchill
“A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.” – George Bernard Shaw
“A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.” – G. Gordon Liddy