I had left the house this morning ahead of schedule. I didn’t have to pack a lunch since I had plans to be out in the field today and we’d go out to lunch between inspections. I was feeling pretty good getting an early jump and started my car to let it warm up while I walked out to get the paper. This should have been the first warning of pending catastrophe as the paper was not there yet. In the four years that I have been getting home delivery this is only third time I can remember it not being there. This upset my routine as I usually get to work early enough to read the paper before starting.
Archive for December, 2011
The dictionary defines Inflexible as:
- not flexible; incapable of or resistant to being bent; rigid: an inflexible steel rod.
- of a rigid or unyielding temper, purpose, will, etc.; immovable: an inflexible determination.
- not permitting change or variation; unalterable
Synonyms: unbendable, stiff, rigorous, stern, unrelenting, unremitting, stubborn, obstinate, intractable, obdurate, unbending, adamant,Inflexible,relentless, implacable, inexorable
The liberal, mainstream media is all a twitter about the latest unemployment numbers coming out of the Department of Labor. Yes our unemployment rate is now a healthy 8.6 percent and that number grabbed many headlines along with the pronouncement that that is the lowest rate since March 2009. Unfortunately that is all that most of the American public will hear going into the weekend. Left out of most news blurbs was some rather important facts;
- You’ll hear that payroll increased by 120,000 jobs, but probably will not be told that most of those jobs are temporary, holiday seasonal positions which should make for some somber January 2012 numbers.
Nearly three years ago I identified Daniel Hannan as a True American Hero…he was the forth to achieve this designation. Mr. Hannan is a staunch defender of American ideals and often offers clear and concise arguements supporting capitalism and free markets and conservatism. This is more unique in that he hails from Great Britain.
This is an easy post for me as most of it will be using Daniel Hannan’s own words and a link to an article written by him that you will be inticed to read. The article is a message to “Occupy” folks and an attempt to point them in the right direction to vent their displeasure. Hannan offers ten points of which I’ll only provide a brief tease;
I heard a rather dramatic radio advertisement this morning and since I usually tune out commercials I didn’t really catch all of it. Radio being what it is I heard the ad several more times. The following is the ad by the Evangelical Environmental Network;
- ...Therefore I Am(11)
- Blinded Us With Science(4)
- Book Reviews(775)
- Caption This(4)
- Cookie Logic(13)
- Economics In Many Lessons(10)
- Everyone Should Know(272)
- Framing The Dialogue(199)
- Framing The Dictionary(32)
- Headline Humor(10)
- Lighter Side(125)
- Money Speaks(96)
- Multiple Choice Journalism(4)
- Net Wisdom(43)
- News Briefs(38)
- Only To Better Express Myself(6)
- Page 6(5)
- Post Cards(1)
- Random Thoughts(45)
- Riddle Me This(1)
- Separated At Birth(29)
- Signs, Signs Everywhere A Sign(4)
- Stop The Insanity(11)
- The Leek(7)
- Thousand Words(22)
- Travel Treasures and Travails(13)
- True American Heroes(35)